The Smith's Journey

Follow us on our journey through family life. No matter where we live you will be able to keep up on our happenings. Have fun and remember to leave comments.

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

March - here already!

Gosh, how time flies! We had the cancer fundraiser (Relay For Life) on the weekend. It was great fun even though it rained all of Saturday. There was mud for miles and everyone was glad of the tents. The weather didn't deter anyone from walking the track. We made new aquaintenances and had a few laughs. There were a select few that stayed through the night - Terry being one of them - and they did well to keep up the walk/run. Terry brought me home about 11pm and I had a good sleep, picked up by friends in the morning to return, Terry decided to head home to sleep and everyone finished with a big cheer. Being a part of something like this was great, sad to see photo's of all the people/kids that cancer has taken so far, it's good to be reminded that there are always people worse off than me. Below is the banner I made for our team name. It worked out really well, but I didn't think about the rain which was not good as I'd only stuck the letters and stuff on with double-sided tape! Good thing I had a bag of safety pins with me! To those that don't know Jo, she was a lady/friend at Church that had cancer and is now up with her heavenly father. She loved all colours and was sparkly and bubbly and we all miss her. Hence the name of our teams. Most of us knew others with cancer too, Terry and sister Sue had a photo of their Dad scanned on to the tee shirts.
Onto other events, I had another seizure on Monday night, halfway through Aimee's bedtime story. I felt extremely sick with a migraine afterwards and it felt like my head was going to explode. Many thanks to Mum Smith who dropped everything to come round and help with putting the girls to bed. Terry was halfway through staining our bedroom window and couldn't stop so he set me up on the couch (where I came out of it) and had to carry on. The girls handle it well now, guess they've seen a few now. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so will talk to her about the seizures. It means not being allowed to drive till August now instead of June.
Unfortunately I think I hurt my shoulder again, and have a bump on my head. I'm still very tired and had Aimee home from school today after having a rough night with bed wetting and a snuffled nose. She's most definately returning to school tomorrow!
Tank has his eye operation tomorrow, the vet seems very nice and has explained the surgery very well. Terry is dropping him off early in the morning and will pick him up when he gets home.
Well I think that's all the latest news. Emily is turning 10 in 12 days. She wants to go to Science Alive, I'll be sussing that out tomorrow. And our fridge is still not fixed - we have to wait for the finances to do that one. Thanks to friends we have a fridge in the garage, although we are getting sick of having to walk out there to get the milk every time we want a drink!
Anyway I hope you're all having a nice time and are all healthy no matter where you are in the world.
P.S The windows look great!!! Terry has discovered a new talent, although he isn't exactly itching to do more :-)

1 Comments:

  • At 3:53 AM, Blogger ray said…

    Great job on the banner it looks fantastic.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home