The Smith's Journey

Follow us on our journey through family life. No matter where we live you will be able to keep up on our happenings. Have fun and remember to leave comments.

Monday, June 02, 2008

Better late than never!!



My gosh, it's already June!! Where has the time gone? I've been pretty flat out the last couple of months but it's no excuse to not doing a blog entry! And when I have found the time to rest it's usually in the evenings and I'm so tired I just veg.


Aimee turns 6yrs on Friday. Our baby growing up! That's kind of scarey as that means we're getting older! Em turning 10 back in March was a big mile-stone too. I was talking to a lady at Church on Sunday and her daughter who was 16yrs when we first met them is now 20yrs in a week! I think when it comes to others' children you don't think of them growing up as well!




Terry was in a golf tournament for the last couple of months (every fortnight was when they played) it was what they call matchplay (I think that's right) Terry was playing for Kaiapoi C, they won their games and made it to the semi-finals. Out of 4 teams they made it into the final, played against a Rangiora team and sadly lost by a very close margin. Bit disappointing but considering He only had 15 minutes till the tee of for the finals, it's still a really good outcome to come runners-up. They got a medal which is hanging proudly next to the soccer ones he's won. I even walked around the course with him as his caddy (although he did have to pull his trundler


for a lot of it :-)) for the semi's, I had a rest for his first 9 holes then walked the back 9 with him. It was wet and cold.




Emily and Sarah-Jane play netball now. They've played 3 games and won 2 of them. The first game Em was goal shoot and showed a natural talent and shot 6 goals, she only missed a couple. The other team got no goals, they played like they hadn't had much training. The girls had practises twice a week for the couple of weeks last term. It's only a basic level of grade but I have turned out to be one of those mothers that is rather loud on the sideline! But I'm not yelling at the ref's (especially since they're only young girls) and am not booing the other team. But I do strongly encourage our team. Two games ago Em fell over on court and badly grazed both knee's, elbow and hands, and her chin. Once she saw the blood she went into shock and cried louder (for very good reason), shaking, and wanted to go home which I couldn't do as we relied on a ride with one of the girls coaches. It's the first time one of the girls have fallen like that, I must admit that I wanted to cry too. Sarah-Jane shows promise as centre or on the wing but she was goal shoot for their last game, I'm afraid to say that she's not a natural in that position. Especially since she was day dreaming and watching a game on the next court! I'll put some photo's on the end of this post.




I have one tutorial to go and I've finished my study! I'm getting rather nervous about having to get out there and get work. This last week I went to the girls principle and offered to do some voluntary proofreading for him. He gave me a 47 page document that I had 3 days to complete. EEEEK!! Much to say I felt a bit anxious and suddenly lost confidence that I could accomplish this. But I got my head down and got into it and did nothing else except work. I think I did okay, had to ask my tutor a couple of things which she was fine about and helped me out. But I got it done and handed back again and now I have the waiting of hearing back from him. I'll phone him this week and see how it goes. At the present we are trying to work out how to get me an office. There's no where in the house that I can do it as it's so small here. We've had a suggestion of buying a small caravan and parking it by the garage for power etc. Which is a good idea. Have to work on that one.




Hmm, what else has been happening...oh, I've moved out of my comfort zone and joined the local gym. I've only been going for two weeks but I think I'm going to really enjoy it. And with having to pay for it, it's motivation to keep it up! There's actually normal looking people that go and all sorts of shapes and sizes and ages. I've even met up with a lady that we use to know about 12 yrs ago! I knew I knew her but had forgotten where from and how. I asked Brett (one of the gym instructors) her name but he couldn't remember either! We were both on the bikes and he very tactfully asked her a couple of questions and remembered her name and said it in a conversation and even asked her where she knew me from! Now I remember her and am very grateful for his help in that without letting on that I had forgotten!




Anyway enough words now and time for photo's. As you can see, SJ is a tad shorter than the other girl so it's sometimes hard to defend and shoot for her.


The girls are getting good at intercepting the ball, they had the ball practically the whole game.

I took the girls to a gypsy fair that was at the reserve just down the road. Sarah-Jane chose a dolphin and Aimee chose a heart. I was very impressed and it looked so pretty. SJ was going to a birthday sleepover that night and was very happy to show of her picture. Unfortunatly there was a lot of yucky stuff there and the usual tarot and palm reading and other stuff that seems to go with the 'gypsy' lifestyle.

I really like this photo. Em play's around with my camera sometimes and comes up with some really good ones. Although there are some that is not so good, such as photo's of her bed and her drawers!

Well I better sign off. Em has a friend over and I need to figure out something for lunch. Plus this is a longer blog entry than I intended!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:51 AM, Blogger ray said…

    Thanks for all the photos. It is so good to see the girls growning up.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home