The Smith's Journey

Follow us on our journey through family life. No matter where we live you will be able to keep up on our happenings. Have fun and remember to leave comments.

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

6th October - 2nd day of Wellington

Another day of holiday! Another great day of weather. Another day of shopping! Actually it was only half of a day shopping. We slept in and had a leisurely morning of breakfast, shower and reading. Today we caught a bus into the city and then a train to Tawa where we thought we would find a market in the carpark of DressMart where we wanted to go as well. But there was only a vegetable stand at the market. No crafts or nic-nacs as we were led to believe in the brochure. So on to DressMart. I found some nice clothes for the girls in JK's but limited myself and only got a hat for Aimee and a singlet top for Sarah-Jane. After all it was a weekend for me!
I made my way to EziBuy and found a lovely blue top, pink tee-shirt, white linen trousers (only $5 down from $40!). I got some jewellery from some other shops and some other bits and pieces. I was very impressed to find a pen and key tag with my name on it; that's not often I find that; so I couldn't resist buying it.
We caught the train and bus back to Paula's to take stock of our 'goodies' and relax before going out for dinner.
We went to a chinese restaurant (according to Paula one of the best chinese restaurants in Wellington), I hadn't been to an authentic chinese restaurant before. It was a fun new experience for me and I eventually got the hang of using chopsticks (I have to confess to using a knife and fork sometimes). Jo introduced me to Bejing Dumplings, Bejing Duck and Lamb with vegetables and some rice on the side. Very yummy! For dessert I had toffeed apples. It was delicious and I love toffee a lot! Which caused me to have a bad moment. I was wearing the blue top that I'd bought that afternoon. I was attempting to get some of the toffee that had set hard on the bottom of the plate. Unfortunately I spilt some of the toffee on my top. I was devastated and hoping it wouldn't stain. Back at Paula's I soaked it in napisan and washed it. The next day the stain was still there so I tried the baking soda, but again the stain stayed. Our intentions for Sunday was to attend the Central City Baptist Church. And to visit the Katherine Mansfield House, maybe some lunch and more shopping.

I forgot to add that I did get the stain out, when I got home to CHCH I sprayed some Sard stain remover and washed it again. Yay, it got out

1 Comments:

  • At 3:38 AM, Blogger ray said…

    So glad you guys had a wonderful time! Sounds like the perfect girls get away shopping and chocolate and coffee to boot! Love you all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home