The Smith's Journey

Follow us on our journey through family life. No matter where we live you will be able to keep up on our happenings. Have fun and remember to leave comments.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Tonight Neal is over watching the All Blacks play Australia. The score is 26 - 12 to us with 2minutes to go. I have to confess I haven't been paying any attention to it. I've been putting our budget onto Excel. Thanks to Rach, I now know how to work it. Its actually fun to do it using such an easy software. We have finally been able to sort out all the fluff with WINZ. Which means I can finally work our budget out. Now its just up to us to stick with it! We're not so good at that part! I'm glad to say that we're able to have our pocket money back, which is excellant seen as though I've already spent mine this week! I went to a scrapbook night with Mum Smith and Sue Band. Sue sells Creative Memories now, which I think is better than tupperware. With scrapbooking you use what you buy and need to get more. Tupperware has this wonderful lifetime guarantee! You can have only so much tupperware! And Sue is much more passionate about scrapbooking, and got some really creative ideas. So anyway, last night I've ordered some stickers.
Nothing else really happening for us. Aimee starts attending full school days from monday on. And her best mate Emma is starting in a couple of weeks too. They're not in the same class but I don't think that will dampen anything. Emma is a very outgoing little girl. Aimee is going to Emma's 5th party tomorrow. She wrapped up the gift with a lot of sellotape and I'm hoping Emma will be able to open the card with all the tape on that as well!

On a more serious note. I have talked with my neurologist and she has raised my meds again. Apparently I do have a bit of room to move within the safe levels of the Lamictal. Unfortunately we won't be able to tell if its made any difference until a few weeks. In the mean time I am still not allowed to ride my beautiful bike and of course drive. I am in constant unrest not knowing if I'm going to have a seizure in the next few hours. This is more stressful than anything else we are experiencing at present. I haven't really talked to Terry about how he feels about all this. I know he is worried about me. There's not anything that he can do though. Its funny in an odd sort of way. The health professionals tell me not to stress as this can cause a seizure, but now I'm stressed about having a seizure! I'm not very confident at the moment. I only shower when Terry is home. I don't want to go anywhere unless I'm with someone who already knows about my epilepsy. I dread the thought of having a generalised seizure in a public place. Apparently the body can lose control of the bladder/bowel when having a seizure. Thank the good Lord that that hasn't happened to me.

Well I'd better sign off. I'm tired and its nearly 10pm. I better get this bag o' bones of to bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home