The Smith's Journey

Follow us on our journey through family life. No matter where we live you will be able to keep up on our happenings. Have fun and remember to leave comments.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Today

We are still missing the lovely warm (hot) weather of Brisbane. We are also missing Mum & Dad. Aimee has been quite sad with missing her Gran & Poppa. Not sure when we'll get back there, but with the technology we have we can talk and email and eventually when we get broadband we'll be able to use our webcam.
Terry has started working for Don. Its going okay. Change is hard for a lot of people. Not so much for me, I think that has to do with moving around lots. Not that that was a bad thing! I love to know that I had a really special childhood with lots of adventures. Terry has only lived in North Canterbury. Our holiday to Aussie was the first time he has gone outside of NZ. I reckon he found it was fun so I'm sure that bodes well for more travelling!!

I went to the library the other day and got out some books about Epilepsy. One that I'm reading is called "Understanding Epilepsy" by Neil Buchanan. Its such a good book that explains things in a way that's really easy to understand. It's opened my eyes to a few things that I didn't realise. One of them being that I forget stuff all the time, even forget to take my medication sometimes. Its a side effect of having epilepsy. With all the mucked up electricity in my brain it causes short circuits in some areas. Memory being the main one. It sounds like I'm making excuses but I'm serious. I always thought my memory loss was to do with the drugs and alcohol and then having the three girls. When I read about this in my book it clicked with me and explained a lot. Other signs are the physical ones with muscular jerks & twitches. Then there are the seizures that no one sees or realise that they're happening, the few seconds of lost time. Sometimes I feel really dumb when in conversation I suddenly go blank. Its embarrassing too. A lot of epileptics are labelled 'clumsy' and 'spacey'. With a more open society epilepsy is starting to become just as 'normal' as asthma and other diseases. Well I'll leave it at that. Please if you want to know anything about epilepsy leave a question in the comments. just remember to leave your name too.

I have to go now and get ready to go with Terry to watch him play soccer. I better make sure Aimee has shoes on this time. We went to Belfast Warehouse and discovered she had no shoes on! Her answer to this was "I didn't hear you tell me to put shoes on". She didn't hear me cause I didn't tell her too! I thought she would have known to put them on herself! Obviously I need to remember she has only been on this earth 5yrs!
Cheers for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home