The Smith's Journey

Follow us on our journey through family life. No matter where we live you will be able to keep up on our happenings. Have fun and remember to leave comments.

Saturday, May 05, 2007

Home again, home again, jifferty jiff

We arrived home about 11:30pm on the 29th April. From 29 degrees to 9 degrees is a bit of a shock to the system! In fact its just not good at all! We are re-climatising again. We do feel for the Aussie's going through the drought, we came home to 4 days of rain.

We had a wonderful time, already miss Mum & Dad. We can now imagine them having breakfast out on the patio, listening to the birds, watching the ants.

On the Friday, Dad took us to Alma Park Zoo. It was a lot like Willow Bank where we could feed certain animals. Terry took a very strong aversion to the reptiles and didn't appreciate one of the rangers mentioning the several wild snakes around the park. I'll insert some photo's of different bits and pieces. I'll put some up of Sea World too. This first photo is of a Dugong. Part cow and part seal. Its so ugly its cute! This is the Polar Bear that I fell in love with. Terry let me buy a soft cuddly toy of it. Aimee loved the animals at the zoo. She made friends with a joey. The other girls were a little shy.The lorikeets were beautiful. I was taking these photos with them just an arms length away.The dolphin show was our highlight at Sea World. I didn't get many good photos as the camera was too slow. But this was one that shows how high the dolphins were getting! Awesome show.

We saw so much and did so much that I can't share it all. We would recommend Sea World, not so enamoured with the zoo but it was a good small size for us to go round with the girls when we were tired and at the end of our week. It was also the most reasonably priced.

Some other news we can now share is that we now own another house. We went unconditional on a place the day before we left for Aussie. Its a three bedroom, brick, with huge section. We take possession 30th May. Its not far from where we're living actually. I keep saying that we could build a bridge over the Cam river opposite us and then wheelbarrow our stuff 3 houses down! Admittedly we have been under stress. I shared in my last entry about having my Grand Mal seizure at Easter. Well the Wednesday 2nd May I had another Grand Mal. About 10pm I had been brushing my teeth. Thats the last I remember then I woke to Terry comforting me and Mum Smith there helping too. This time we didn't need an Ambulance but I was very sick for awhile afterwards. Terry is so fantastic. He put his own stress aside and supported me, even holding the sick bowl for me and cleaning up. His Mum is great too, coming at that time of night, I'm so grateful that Terry has been there both times (all 3 counting the one 8 yrs ago). On Wednesday night Emily & Sarah-Jane were awake and saw me having the seizure. Freaked them out a bit, but I guess its good that they have seen it now and if it happens again they may not freak out so much. My doctor is still trying to get hold of my neurologist and so I haven't been able to do anything medication wise till they both talk. In the mean time I'm not allowed to drive (we knew that one), go for bike rides or swim unattended. Really sucks. Well that is about that I think. Enjoy the photos and keep healthy.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If the phone call had been 5mins later I would have been tucked up in bed doesn't God know our circumstances better than we do. Brings to mind the time when my Dad rang in the middle of the night wanting help with Mum and when I got there he said that did not take you to long. That made him feel good and in a real emergancy I could do it.

     
  • At 1:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just a reminder that we are keeping you and your family in our prayers. I am sorry to hear of your Grand Mal. I want to encourage you though. You are a wonderful and Beautiful woman of God. And of course we don't know why God alowed this for you but we do know that all things work for His glory. I know I have been encouraged by you just seeing you go through this and still praising God and being possitive.
    Love you
    Ray

     

Post a Comment

<< Home