The Smith's Journey

Follow us on our journey through family life. No matter where we live you will be able to keep up on our happenings. Have fun and remember to leave comments.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

New Kittens




A couple of days before December, our cat , Tiggy, had 4 beautiful kittens. I was very surprised as I didn't think she was due till mid December. About 7am Emily came through and said " Mum, Tiggy bought a rat onto my bed." Well being the only one to handle the 'presents' the cats bring in, I got out of bed and went to the rescue. I saw this wet looking thing and realised that this was the first kitten.

"No Em, this isn't a rat, Tiggy's having her babies." I said.

Right then we watched her give birth to her 2nd kitten. I woke up Sarah-Jane and we watched her birth her third. I told the girls to go tell Dad, his answer was "mmmm" then he was back to sleep. 10 minutes later she had her 4th. I'm glad she's only had 4 as she is only a year old. Tiggy is a great mum. Emily's had to sleep in Aimee's top bunk as we couldn't shift Tiggy of her bed. I've just shifted them into the laundry yesterday. I had to take the birth sheet into the box as well. Sometimes when the door has been left open for her she's tried shifting the kittens back to the bedroom. So far I've found her with a kitten in the girls top wardrobe in a sleeping bag, and in one of Emily's drawers! I think she likes Em. I've been able to retrieve the kitten and put both mum and baby back in the laundry. I have added in another photo and hope this shows up now. I haven't a clue how to delete the one that didn't show so the square is still there.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hey Cuz,
    Just a quick note to say hi and will pass link on to Mum and Dad as they have recently discovered the twenty first century and the internet. Next thing you'll know they'll have a CD player.

     
  • At 8:22 PM, Blogger lydia said…

    Hey Cowley, great to know that other family are accessing the blog spot. Its so much easier than emailing everyone the same news

     

Post a Comment

<< Home