The Smith's Journey

Follow us on our journey through family life. No matter where we live you will be able to keep up on our happenings. Have fun and remember to leave comments.

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Anniversary details!!

I just remembered I was meant to tell about our Anniversary weekend...
It was a Saturday morning, the sun was shining, the birds singing. Terry took Sarah-Jane to swimming lessons, when He returned, the car was packed (only took me 10min to figure out that his golf trundler dosen't fold like mine!!), the tank full, the chilly bin full of treats. We were off... I allowed him to drive through Christchurch to the south bound highway. He reacted negatively to the suggestion of me blindfolding him, (plead it would cause travel sickness). He had actually guessed right numerous times during the week. We went to..........ASH VEGAS!!!! Oh for those out of towners its Ashburton! An hours drive south of CHCH. We stayed at the Regency Motel. Nice place. Average Motel. I have to admit we regretted not taking our own pillows! We played a wonderful game of golf in the late afternoon. Ashburton just happened to be the hottest place to be in the south island! I played 9 holes - refused to count my strokes! I was much happier that way. I'm too much of a perfectionist (ta Dad!). Terry had a great game, scoring an eagle on a par 5. We had subway for tea and hung out at the motel for the evening, just cruising out enjoying the quiet. We travelled back (Terry drove) through Methven and Rakaia Gorge. We have decided to treat ourselves to staying in the Methven Resort next time. A great weekend!! And Terry loved being surprised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home