The Smith's Journey

Follow us on our journey through family life. No matter where we live you will be able to keep up on our happenings. Have fun and remember to leave comments.

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Settling down

I am happy to say that we are settling into our new home ok. Still have boxes to unpack but managed to get the girls to unpack their room, and thanks to Aunty Sue, Sarah-Jane now has her clothes in drawers not a suitcase.
We are finding it a lot smaller. The house is a normal size and the ceilings are the normal height, but after living for 3yrs in a house with big rooms and high ceilings it takes a bit to get use to. We keep feeling like we need to duck our heads.
Jo (our friend) is very very very happy to be in Auckland for the U2 concert. I tried to convince her to take me as her bodyguard/ladies maid, but alas she didn't take up the offer. Of course it could have been because she'd have to pay my way! Glad your having fun Jo.
I had a bad experience with a plant pot tonight. I got my finger stuck in one of the holes in the bottom. Stop laughing, it's serious! Ok I guess it was quite funny, Terry found it very funny. At the time however I was rather worried I was going to lose my finger. I did lose feeling in it for awhile, and now it feels bruised. How? do you ask did I manage to get my finger stuck? Well a saucer was stuck inside at the bottom, I wanted it out so I could use the pot. So I poked it with my finger from the bottom outside. I didn't realise my finger was going to "pop" into the pot as well! Any way, terry managed to retrieve the bottle of liquid soap and proceeded to try and help me out of the predicament. Ok now you can laugh.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    HAHA That was funny! I had a great laugh over that one! Revenge of the Potted Plants! Glad to see you are settling in! What is the update on when you are moving?

     
  • At 8:26 PM, Blogger lydia said…

    Hi anonymous, what your name? Terry still replays the "pot saga" over and over!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home